All Primary school delivery has the aim of introducing children to the core skills of rugby league, through TAG rugby. TAG rugby is delivered as it is a non contact version of Rugby League and both boys and girls can play together in the School environment. Within a six week block of coaching the children will have expert coaches from the Sheffield Eagles Community team. Within the six weeks the children will go from the basic skills of holding a rugby ball to playing full games of Tag Rugby.
After the six week block of coaching the schools will be invited to participate in a TAG rugby competition that will enable them to put their new skills into practice.
If your school is interested in some TAG Rugby League Coaching then please contact Nick Gill on 0787 5754648 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheffield Eagles and the ‘INCLUDE’ Foundation - Primary School Offer
Since the Eagles Community department started to deliver in Primary Schools we have always offered schools coaching for free as we have been able to secure external funding to assist with the cost.
Sadly, at the end of March 2013 the Eagles along with other rugby league clubs had all central funding cut and we now have to charge a small fee for the delivery we provide within primary schools.
We would like to continue our positive relationship and build the future of the game and we see the primaries as an integral part of developing the game locally.
Our offer consists of the following:
- 5 x 2 1 Hour coaching sessions (i.e. 2 classes 1 hour per class for 5 weeks) with fully qualified and accredited coaches
- Link to the Sheffield Eagles Holiday camp programme
- 2 x competition opportunities
- 2 x CPD opportunities (for 2 teachers)
- 1 x Link to local clubs (Location dependant)
We can also offer you the unique opportunity of:
- Access to the Sheffield Eagles First team players
- Sheffield Eagles Ticketing offers, Junior Season Ticket offer
This offer runs at a cost of £400* for one unit of work and each school can look to buy more than one block of coaching for different year groups. Currently we will however look to prioritise Year 3 and Year 4 classes.
- Extra sessions in this package would cost £25p/h within curriculum time
- Extra places on CPD courses would cost £40 per delegate
- Sheffield Eagles are also looking to increase the number of after school club opportunities we offer to primary schools and we can offer After Schools Clubs at £25 per hour.
This is for up to and including 16 participants and if you purchase 5 after school sessions you’ll get the 6th one free. If you have more than 16 participants at a cost of £20 per hour**
If there is anything else your school would like to work with us on please do not hesitate to contact us and we will look to accommodate your request and work out a cost effective solution.
For any other information please contact Nick Gill on 0787 5754648 or email@example.com
*If your school is acknowledged as being in a key development area you would qualify for a £50 discount and the package would only cost £350. This is at our discretion
**Larger groups can be catered for without a second coach if there is an appropriate member of school staff available to assist the sessions